Wednesday 6 April 2016

There be Dragons (Rampant Ones)

Well I relented and, out of sheer boredom, I downloaded Dragon Rampant by Dan Mersey on my Kindle.

And I really like it!

I've played his other game Lion Rampant quite a bit and Dragon is, of course, pretty much the same game but with a fantasy element added. What I liked in the reading was the old D&D feel of the whole thing. I use to be a big fan of fantasy wargaming but I've been very put off in recent decades by something that I can't quite place my finger on.

So, I decided to make a warband based on the Granbretan figures that I made for Eureka. It even inspired me out of my long time funk to start sculpting them again. So there will be more figures to add to the list in the future.

Anyway, I decided to start by finishing off this little chap that has been sitting on my painting table for the last 12 months or more. He was 99% finished and only needed a couple of dashes of paint, some varnish and a nice base. He is Astrovak Mikosovar, leader of the Vulture Legion and he'll be the commander of my first Dragon Rampant warband.


1 comment:

  1. Michael Moorcock and Hawkmoon. That takes me back to my teenage years.

    ReplyDelete