Monday 15 August 2016

Some Prussian Guns

I've been continuing to paint Prussians and I've finally finished my first foot artillery battery. We decided to make batteries using multiple models. In the NCiM rules a battery is a single gun on a triangular base with 10mm per gun but in keeping with our like of large battalions of many figures we decided on many guns too.

We also decided to mount our guns on a 20mm per gun basis. This makes a 8 gun battery with a frontage of 160mm. So, I decided to mount mine as two bases of 3 guns with the 2 howitzers on a separate base. It looks like a proper wargaming battery with plenty of movement and also looks intimidating. I mounted the figures on individual bases so that I can remove casualties and also, if they ever abandon their guns they will be shot!... No, no, no... if the crews abandon their guns I can remove the figures and leave the guns in place.

Now I just need a limber.

I like to think of them as the 15th Battery who (at Waterloo at least) were commanded by Leutnant Meerkatz (I imagine him popping up here and there on his tippy toes and looking around with his little paws up to his chest)



I also painted up a second squadron of Uhlans - Brandenburg Uhlan Regiment - There's only 8 of them at the moment as I'm waiting on more figures from Perry to finish them off. They'll be arriving with a regiment of Brunswick Uhlans which will be painted up as the 3rd Silesian Landwehr Cavalry.




3 comments:

  1. Good start on Prussian artillery. I look forward to following your progress on your NCiM project. Quarrie is still a favorite to pull off the book shelf occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job sir, I love your Uhlans unit...

    ReplyDelete